Breakfast is a meal characterized by many sugary and tasty treats. Eggs are great, but the occasional sweet tooth meal is a must!
This recipe is great for snacks, breakfasts, camping – any time you need to eat on-the go! We make this for camping trips and usually one of our prep meals at the beginning of the week… although it doesn’t last time long!
Granola has one of the highest content of sugar of any food for breakfast! This one has some sugar in the dried fruit and honey. If you have to stay away from sugar for a medical reason or natural sugars are difficult to digest, then limit or omit the honey and make sure to use a low-glycemic fruit like blueberries (without the added sugar).
We love the granola with dried cranberries – and they are easier on the wallet than some of the other dried fruits.
1. ¾ cup sliced almonds
2. ½ cup of walnuts
3. ½’cup of pumpkin seeds
¾ cup of unsweetened coconut
4. 3 tablespoon honey ( can omit if trying to lose weight)
5. 1 cup of dried fruit
6. 1 tablespoon cinnamon
7. 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Make sure to mix the sunflower seed nut butter and honey into all of the nuts to bind them together.
- Place the mixture into an oven safe pan, and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Refrigerate for two hours and keep refrigerated until right before eating (or it will fall apart).